We hope this message finds you safe and well. Below are the latest updates on our progress at "The Emery".
Power Connection Work:
We anticipate a power interruption when we connect our permanent power to the site; estimated September 13, 2021. This week the PG&E team told us that the connection of our site to permanent power will not impact the surrounding neighborhood (i.e. no power outage). We will continue to follow up with PG&E as the date approaches in case there are changes.
Joint Trench Undergrounding Work on Horton Street:
The Joint Trench (power and telecom utility trenching) work on Horton Street began on 6/14/21. Please be aware that extensive traffic controls will be in place during this work and it will take approximately 8 - 12 weeks to complete between 46th street and Park Avenue. There will be saw cutting, heavy machinery excavation work, increased truck traffic for soil off haul, etc. occurring during working hours, generally 7am - 6pm each day.
Sherwin Avenue Sidewalk / Landscape Construction:
Sidewalks are under active construction on the South side of Sherwin, please be aware of extra traffic controls in this area.
Landscape work in this corridor has begun.
45th & Hollis Intersection:
One of the improvements we are constructing as part of the development is a traffic signal at 45th and Hollis. That work is under way now and will take place in stages over a few months. Please look out for traffic controls in that area temporarily. We have worked with shuttle providers to temporarily relocate their pick up locations.
ON SITE WORK:
- scaffold is in the process of being removed from the building exterior.
- inside the building walls are being textured and painted on the upper floors.
- Drywall installation inside the building continues at various stages of completion.
- Exterior stucco installation ongoing.
- Wood framing is in progress. Fire Sprinkler and plumbing installation continuing.
- Wood Framing work well underway and fire sprinkler and plumbing installation ongoing.
Have a safe week and we will be in touch with additional updates as the work progresses.