We hope this message finds everyone safe and well.
- Off-haul of the contaminated soils from Hot Spot Work is been complete. New soil stockpiles are from grading activities at Hubbard Street gate & excavation activities at Building B2. Off-haul of concrete from Hubbard Street gate demolition will take place this week, as well as the week of the April 20th.
- Construction of the Hubbard Street gate is underway. Due to unanticipated groundwater at this location, we are experiencing a delay to the completion of this gate. We are dewatering this area, however, at this time we forecast a 3-5 day delay, depending on how effectiveness the dewatering activities. Previously we were targeting April 17th, which could push to April 22nd-25th.
- Once Hubbard Street gate is complete, we will move to Building C concrete demolition work the week of April 27th. That work should continue for a couple of weeks.
- Drilled displacement columns (DDC's) installation continues on Building D. We are May 13th to complete Building D, after which we will move to Building B1 DDC's. These columns are placed to help stabilize the ground before foundations are installed.
- Concrete foundation footings are currently underway for Building B2.
- Please keep in mind that in order to prevent dirt from tracking out onto the streets and subsequent storm water pollution we are required to operate street sweeping services by the State Water Board , the DTSC, and the City of Emeryville. It takes the street sweeper truck about 4 passes to clean the entire width of the roadway so you may hear it going back and forth in the same stretch of roadway multiple times. We have directed the street sweeper to pause for at least 30 minutes before re-sweeping any road once it is completed in an effort to minimize disruptions to the neighbors. We hope that will help.
We appreciate your patience as we construct "The Emery" next door to you. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions during this time.