We hope this message finds everyone safe and well.
- We will continue the demolition and removal of concrete slab on the final portion of the building site where Building C is located over the next week. Please expect elevated levels of noise during the work hours from the heavy equipment performing this work.
- Concrete placement for foundation work at Building B2 continues over the next two weeks. The Contractor will continue to stage concrete trucks on Wood Street adjacent to the Target shopping center pursuant to our approved haul route in the construction management plan. Please expect elevated traffic to and from the site and more total construction workers on site. There may also be elevated levels of noise associated with the placement of the concrete.
- Installation of drilled displacement columns (DDC's) will be completed at Building D this week and then begin at Building C. These columns of concrete mix are placed to help stabilize the ground before foundations are installed.
- Please keep in mind that in order to prevent dirt from tracking out onto the streets and subsequent storm water pollution we are required to operate street sweeping services by the State Water Board , the DTSC, and the City of Emeryville. The street sweeper truck takes about 4 passes to clean the entire width of the roadway so you may hear it going back and forth in the same stretch of roadway multiple times. We have directed the street sweeper minimize vacuum rpms as much as possible and to pause for at least 30 minutes before re-starting sweeping once it has completed the same roadway in an effort to minimize disruptions to the neighbors. We hope that will help.
- Temporary power at the site has been provided by generators for some time now while our final temporary power plans were approved by PG&E. The work to install the temporary power involving trenching and pole work along Park, Halleck, and Sherwin will start in 2-3 weeks pending city permit.
We appreciate the patience of our neighbors as we construct "The Emery" . Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions during this time.